5 Ways to Make Yourself Stronger in 2009
1. Stay in touch–networking has never been easier. Email is becoming obsolete among the teens and twenties crowd. Communicating through online network sites such as MySpace and Facebook is the ever growing choice of the younger generation. Linkedin, ActiveRain, and other topic specific blog sites are ways to be socially connected to friends, family and colleagues. Choose to build stronger relationships by staying in touch with the people you care about.
2. Keep Learning—choose to learn something new every day. Learning something new every day will make you a more interesting person…and knowledge just may lead to wisdom.
- Read to learn
- Experience to learn
- Listen to learn
“It is what we learn after we know it all that really counts”
3. Expand your comfort zone—some comfort zones are established for safety or security. But many of our self constructed boundaries are barriers to our own growth and fulfillment. Choose something today that challenges you. Try a new food, talk to a stranger, try sky-diving. You get the idea. Expand your comfort zone to enhance your life.
4. Take care of yourself—“Help others” is a common New Years resolution. But you cannot take care of other people and their needs if you have not taken care of yourself. Schedule that check-up. Go to the spa. Buy a journal if it helps you to focus or gives you pleasure. Spend time with people who build you up and with whom you have fun. A healthier, happier you will rub off on others.
5. Write it down—measure your progress by writing down your goals and then check on them every now and then. If you’ve moved toward your goal in some tangible way, make a note of it and then reward yourself. At the end of 2009 you may just be surprised at how much you have accomplished…and THAT is success.
Making yourself stronger is an intentional choice. Here’s to 2009 and a stronger YOU!
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Make Your BUSINESS Stronger in 2009
Take the hassle out of your client’s move, and make your BUSINESS stronger, by partnering with the Move Advocate. This complimentary program was designed to give you an advantage by providing van line services for your client’s moves. Benefits include discounts from carefully selected van line providers, and a dedicated move counselor to guide your client throughout the process. Find out more by visiting www.moveadvocate.com/agent.